Tuesday, June 3, 2008

May Results

May started off rough as my April downswing continued but I turned things around and posted a decent win at the tables. Here are the numbers:



I only played a fraction of the hands I played in April. Maybe that's a good thing. Either way I'm happy with the month and my play. In the past I've had trouble battling out of nasty downswings, so I'm happy to put this one properly behind me.

I didn't play as many hands at 50NL but the few I did play were rewarded quite nicely. The reason I didn't play as much 50NL was because of the BBJ rake, which really kills the winrate. I've been firing up the non-BBJ 50NL tables alongside the 25NL tables (which are all non-BBJ) and that has been working well so I'll continue doing that.

I barely played any MTTs last month with no results worth mentioning. I dropped just over a hundo in MTT buy-ins which isn't a big deal at all. My rakeback for May came in around $170 and I should be getting that soon, so MTTs and rakeback ended up cancelling eachother out for May.

---

June is off to a good start. Here are some hands:

Hand 1: 25NL
Seat #6 is the dealer
Seat 6 - Hero ($49.65 in chips)
Seat 1 - HOCKEYICON ($53.30 in chips)
Seat 2 - PC_PFUNK ($12.22 in chips)
Seat 3 - P19 ($13.37 in chips)
Seat 4 - ORESZ ($35.07 in chips)
Seat 5 - RENOTIME ($102.52 in chips) -- deep 30/23
HOCKEYICON - Posts small blind $0.10
PC_PFUNK - Posts big blind $0.25
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [ ]
P19 - Folds
ORESZ - Folds
RENOTIME - Raises $1 to $1 -- CO
Hero - Raises $4 to $4 -- standard
HOCKEYICON - Folds
PC_PFUNK - Folds
RENOTIME - Calls $3

Flop:
[ ]
RENOTIME - Checks
Hero - Bets $6
RENOTIME - Raises $15 to $15 -- small checkraise is weird
Hero - Calls $9 -- I decide to just call on this very co-ordinated flop. I'm likely ahead but I don't want to stack off with just an overpair on this flop. I've got roughly a pot-size bet behind me so if a safe turn comes off I'll happily shove.

Turn:
[ ] [ ]
RENOTIME - All-In $83.52 -- quick jam... AQ, KQ, flush and straight draws are all part of his range
Hero - All-In $30.65 -- his range is still very wide here (he's 30/23) so I pretty much have to call
RENOTIME - returned ($52.87) : not called

River:
[ ] [ ]

Showdown:
RENOTIME - Shows [ ] (Three of a kind, eights)
Hero - Shows [ ] (Full house, kings full of eights)
Hero Collects $96.65 from main pot


Lucky river but I think the call is still good in this spot against this villain.

Hand 2: 50NL
Seat #3 is the dealer
Seat 3 - Hero ($106.25 in chips)
Seat 6 - TAYLOR_CKY ($48.82 in chips)
Seat 1 - SIDFCP ($70.12 in chips)
Seat 2 - COMRADE4 ($84.41 in chips)
TAYLOR_CKY - Posts small blind $0.25
SIDFCP - Posts big blind $0.50
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [ ]
COMRADE4 - Folds
Hero - Raises $2 to $2 -- button
TAYLOR_CKY - Calls $1.75
SIDFCP - Folds

Flop:
[ ]
TAYLOR_CKY - Checks
Hero - Bets $3.50 -- cbet
TAYLOR_CKY - Calls $3.50

Turn:
[ ] [ ]
TAYLOR_CKY - Checks
Hero - Bets $5 -- weak-looking $5 bet into ~$11.25... set up for big river bet
TAYLOR_CKY - Calls $5

River:
[ ] [ ]
TAYLOR_CKY - Checks
Hero - Bets $14 -- healthy $14 bet into ~$21.25
TAYLOR_CKY - Calls $14

Showdown:
Hero - Shows [ ] (Flush, king high)
TAYLOR_CKY - Mucks
Hero Collects $47.50 from main pot

The weak turn bet followed by the strong river bet looks very bluffy and usually gets paid off pretty well.

Hand 3: 50NL
Seat #1 is the dealer
Seat 1 - SIDFCP ($57.40 in chips)
Seat 2 - COMRADE4 ($83.36 in chips) -- 40vpip conk
Seat 3 - Hero ($131 in chips)
Seat 4 - BIRMY ($62.59 in chips)
Seat 6 - WESMELTON25 ($98.20 in chips)
COMRADE4 - Posts small blind $0.25
Hero - Posts big blind $0.50
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [ ]
BIRMY - Folds
WESMELTON25 - Raises $1.75 to $1.75
SIDFCP - Folds
COMRADE4 - Calls $1.50
Hero - Raises $5.50 to $6 -- squeeze from BB
WESMELTON25 - Folds
COMRADE4 - Calls $4.25 -- 40vpip donk calls raise then calls reraise from the sb.. hmm..

Flop:
[ ]
COMRADE4 - Checks
Hero - Bets $11 -- cbet $11 into ~$14
COMRADE4 - Calls $11

Turn:
[ ] [ ]
COMRADE4 - Bets $6 -- donks $6 into ~$36
Hero - Raises $34 to $34 -- raise the donk bet since there's no hand I can think of that has a 9 here.. most likely has a midpair that he should fold out to this raise
COMRADE4 - Folds -- cool.

No comments: