Monday, April 14, 2008

Rough Patch

My foray into 100NL so far has been kinda rough. Since the start of April I've played 6,537 hands and I am down $292.03 which is -2.23bb/100 hands. Not terrible, but definitely not good either.

I have not been running well, but I am also making a lot of silly mistakes. Stuff like:
  • opening too light; stuff like raising low suited connectors from EP too much, raising Axo too much, etc. I'll be raising these kinds of hands once I'm really comfortable with the game, but for now I should be playing a bit tighter
  • trying too many complete bluffs; it's tempting to fire away at garbage boards when opponents are just check/calling but the results haven't really been great, so I need to cut this out.
  • calling down after opponents show aggression; This is a tricky one because I don't want to start playing weakly and folding all of my hands the minute opponents show any aggression, but I think I'm playing a lot of my hands too passively when I start to take heat. I need to raise more, fold more, and call less.
Here are a few hands and my thoughts:

Hand 1: 100NL

This is a hand where I try to triple-barrel a fishy opponent.

Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 2 - Hero ($130.55 in chips)
Seat 3 - BRABONICH ($66.69 in chips) -- 43/16/2.5 over ~50 hands
Seat 4 - MRBURGUNDY ($184.10 in chips)
Seat 5 - ITURNU ($107.90 in chips)
Seat 6 - BETPOTDONKEY ($199.50 in chips)
Seat 1 - ROB_187 ($73.70 in chips)
BRABONICH - Posts small blind $0.50
MRBURGUNDY - Posts big blind $1
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [ ]
ITURNU - Folds
BETPOTDONKEY - Folds
ROB_187 - Folds
Hero - Raises $4 to $4 -- button raise
BRABONICH - Calls $3.50
MRBURGUNDY - Folds

Flop:
[ ]
BRABONICH - Checks
Hero - Bets $6 -- cbet $6 into $9; light cbet since the flop is so dry
BRABONICH - Calls $6 -- thinking lots of overcards, lots of 8x

Turn:
[ ] [ ]
BRABONICH - Checks
Hero - Bets $16 -- keep firing since I think he's weak
BRABONICH - Calls $16

River:
[ ] [ ]
BRABONICH - Checks
Hero - Bets $36 -- can't win by checking so I fire again
BRABONICH - All-In(Raise) $40.69 to $40.69
Hero - Calls $4.69 -- I call just to see what he has

Showdown:
BRABONICH - Shows [ ] (Three of a kind, fours) -- mmhmm, good pf call from the sb there...
Hero - Mucks
BRABONICH Collects $130.88 from main pot



Hand 2: 100NL
Fuck you, Pokerhand, for losing all my posted hands. :@

No comments: