Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Recognition Beat

This is probably the most bizarre things that has happened during a session. I'm playing on a site on the merge network, just 1-tabling 100nlhu because there isn't much action on the site. I'm playing a guy named LisaJonez who is semi-decent with some spewy tendencies. I'm up a good bit with no major showdowns when the following happens.

I open ATo and he 3bets. I defend and see an A-high flop. He fires each street, and I just call him down with my pair of aces. He shows down QTo for Q-high on the river after shoving in his stack, and I rake in the 290bb pot.

At this point he starts telling me that I'm owning him and that he should quit me, but he keeps playing.

In a few hands I open with AA and he 3bets. I just call and we see a dry flop. He cbets and I raise. He 3-bet shoves and I call. He has an oesd which hits on the turn, and he drags a 200bb pot.

This chat then happens:

So basically:
  • i call the guy down and drag a big pot
  • he starts talking about how i'm owning him
  • he asks me whether i'm on 2p2 and recognizes my sn from a thread i made about my $1k day (see last post)
  • he sucks out in a 200bb pot and quits me
  • he tells me that we used to play on AP where he repeatedly called me a fish/donkey/etc but he now respects my game
  • he wants me to do an interview for his poker podcast
Wtf just happened? I don't know whether to be pissed for being quit on or being happy that this guy respects my game and wants to interview me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the part where O c/r bluffed the river and showed

SimpleStyle said...

True, that was a good bluff. I folded tp after tanking for a bit iirc. nh.