Wednesday, February 27, 2008

$6500 Guarantee Cash

Scored another MTT cash, this time in APs $25 buy-in $6500 Guarantee. I thought played pretty solid throughout, but made a couple mistakes once the bubble burst that cost me a shot at going much deeper.

In one hand, I called a short stack's ep raise with QT in the big blind, and when I missed I decided to bet at the flop, to which the short stack obviously shoved. I shook my head in disgust at my dumb play and folded. That cut my stack down a bit, and what killed me was letting that diminished stack dwindle down to the point where it become inconsequential.

I ended up shoving about 5 blinds or so into a raise holding 33. The raiser turned up KK and I didn't catch any miracles. I should have made some moves sooner, when my short stack still had some weight. Live and learn!

Nothing exciting to report from any cash game sessions, other than the fact that I've twice been asked by Cardrunners members whether I am one of them. I'm currently not but I guess I must be doing something right. ;)


No comments: