Monday, March 3, 2008

February Results and March Goals

Throughout February I really tried to get comfortable with a true TAG style of play and I think I did a good job of that. I feel right at home at 25NL and am able to beat just about anyone playing the game over at Absolute.

At the beginning of the month I was playing too aggressively and stacking off with weak holdings a bit too often. I adjusted throughout the month and I think I have a good idea of when I need to get my money in and when I should be slowing down. I still make some poor river calls where I pay people off so that's a major leak I want to plug throughout March.


Here are the numbers from the PT database off my desktop:


I'm not sure why PT is doing this, but all of the 25nl numbers should be 6-max. Another thing is that I did a lot of 6-8 tabling at the start of the month and my play was definitely not as good as when I slowed down to 4-tabling for the rest of the month.

Here are the numbers from my laptop:


Aside from the terrible run at 50NL here, I like these numbers a lot more. I played on my laptop for a week which I spent at home. All of this play was 4-tabling, and as a result I posted a much better winrate than on my desktop.

Lastly, here are my tournament results:


I went over my tourneys in past posts so I won't say anything else about them here.

In total, I made $783.74 profit from play during February, which I'm very happy with. In addition to that, I also cleared $215 in bonus from AP, and I'll be getting $277.05 in rakeback for the month.

All together, that puts me at a grand total of $1275.79 profit for the month of February! Yum!

----

Goals for this month are:
  • playing 10,000 hands of 25NL with a winrate of 8bb/100
  • playing 10,000 hands of 50NL with a winrate of 5bb/100
  • score a big cash in a MTT with a buy-in of at most $15
I think I'm playing a lot better at 50NL than February's results show (they're abysmal!) so I definitely want to have a solid result this month in that game. I likely won't get as much play in this month as in February because school is looking pretty busy, but I think I can still manage 20k hands and some MTTs.

That's it for now!

No comments: