Thursday, March 27, 2008

Triple Shootout Takedown!

Took down the Stars $5+$0.50 Triple Shootout for a hefty score of $765. I'm pretty pumped about this as it is my first notable take-down of an MTT. I cruised through my first table where the play was pretty terrible. The second table was a bit tougher, especially when it got down to 3-handed play because we all had similar stacks. I managed to tough out a win there.

The final table, which will have a replay on Stars sometime soon, was a lot tighter and more aggressive. No surprise there as each player had to win two tables to get there. I stayed pretty quiet during the early levels, hardly playing any hands. Once the blinds got higher and it was down to 6-handed play I became more active. For the most part, players knocked eachother out and I just added to my stack without running into much trouble. My stack swung a bit during this stage when I took a couple beats and dealt one out to get back some chips.

Once it got down to heads-up play I think I had a 2-to-1 chiplead over the other guy but he lucked out a couple times so I couldn't put him away for a little while. However, the blinds really did the work here and eventually I was able to secure the win. Again, I'm really pumped about this win, even moreso than the double cash score I had earlier this month, since I actually beat the entire field!

Time to call my mom and tell her about this, only to have her tell me to quit playing poker for the hundredth time. ;)

No comments: